Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22, 2012

     
    This Thursday Spencer began his radiation treatment.  He was supposed to receive two treatments, but the team decided to only perform one treatment today and one tomorrow.  The treatments went well, and Spencer said that is was a "piece of cake."  Also we did receive some promising news that put a smile on Spencer's face.  The orthopedist saw Spencer today about his hip to see if they might have to do a hip replacement or other operations.  To Spencer's joy the doctor said that they didn't need to operate, and that his hip and femur bone were good to go.  This was after the bone scan came back that was probable to show spots of cancer, but Spencer showed what HE thought of the word "probable."   This means that Spencer has a more likely chance of getting to return to his house an own bed possibly some time this weekend.  That is a VERY big deal to him, so let's all please say a prayer that he can return home.

      In the afternoon today, Mr. Bob and Ashley came and saw Spencer with a little surprise.  They had gone and got matching tattoos as the same as on Spencer's arm that reads, "Against All Odds."  It was a touching tribute, and even more than that, it was a stand.  A stand to let Spencer know that as a family they are united and fighting together.  It was a beautiful moment, and I know that it meant a lot to Spencer. 

     I wasn't able to post a blog until now because today I worked to help Spencer's landscaping business.  For those who don't know, Spencer has built up his own landscaping company from the ground up.  It was his hard work, perseverance and ambition that has made his company what it is today.  I can remember when it was a few yards in the neighborhood that he cut with his dad's John Deer mower.  It is now a very successful business that is thriving and ever-growing. 

     Spencer would agree with me when I say that his business wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for the help from one of his best friend's Judd Howard.  I think Spencer and his family would really want me to start thanking some of the people who have really played a big role in making this process as easy as possible.  A lot of people, and I mean A LOTTT of people have offered to do so many kind things for Spencer and his family, and even Lindsay and my family.  We are so thankful, and all you're kindness is appreciated.  Judd along with the help of Scott Hodges and the insurance agent himself, Thomas Ball (Yes, he does have a business card if anyone would like a quote. haha)  have really done a great job to really help Spencer keep his business moving forward.  They have worked tirelessly this last weekend and week to help Spencer. It doesn't go unnoticed and is very appreciated. 

      Also would like to thank Jason, Ashley's husband who has done a great job in stepping up to take care of Jayce their son, while Ashley is here for her brother.  I think for the most part the family has really been able to focus their attention on Spencer's well-being, and not worry as much about the outside world.  I know there are so so so many other people I can name, and I am truly sorry that I don't even have the slightest clue of all the people who are taking time out of their day to accommodate these two families.  From the bottom of my heart, and I am sure everyone else, THANK YOU.  As a last mention, I would really like to thank all the schools, teachers, bosses and etc. that have understood the difficult situation we have been faced with.  I have seen the true heart and sympathetic nature of some of these people, and I just hope that God may bless them for their understanding hearts. 

1 Corinthians 13:7
         Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 

    

3 comments:

  1. Trey. Thank you so much for doing this. I know it means a lot to everyone, especially us who don't live in Greenville. Please let me know if you need any help here in Wilm. I would be happy to help since I feel so helpless right now. Continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trey, I also want to thank you. Kristi these are my exact feelings. I feel helpless too not being there. Your words are endearing and keep us close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart hurts that I can't help much. I felt happy that I could offer some sort help to his sister Ashley, and help her not have to worry about Jayce as much. We loved him at the day care and I will take him anytime so she can focus on whatever she needs to. It is small, but it is something I can do.

    ReplyDelete