Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 18, 2012


      On Sunday, March 18th Spencer finally recieved some good news.  Early sunday the doctors did a full body M.R.I. which led to suprising results.  The doctor called all the family into the room with an eager grin on his face.  When he got in the room he let everyone know that nothing showed up negative on the M.R.I. and that Spencers spine was clean.  This was great news and I think that the doctor seemed a little surprised and very giddy to let everyone finally hear some good news. 

       Sunday included a strong amount of visitors yet again.  It also included the viewing of the Carolina basketball game.  Of course with the tar heel route to victory, Spencer was pleased to see them move on.  This left Lindsay along with the other Duke fans including myself, avoiding any question about basketball. Also sunday Spencer recieved over $60 worth of scratch off lotto tickets, which led to a heafty donation to the North Carolina Education System. 

       With Sunday's good news and seeing the doctors verbal and non-verbal displays of happiness, I left town with a good perspective.  I found myself really sending praise to God for all the little blessings that had taken place over the weekend.  I searched that night for a bible verse that would really speak to me about this weekend.  I am usually always trying to make something positive out of a negative situation.  I have been this way my whole life, and I figure why stop now. Spencer has been so positive and uplifting about the situation and really had a cheerful attitude about the whole thing.  This really led me to a verse from Proverbs that I really enjoyed and I will leave you with this verse.

Proverbs 17:22 
     A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a downcast spirit dries up the bone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment